- You may complete an electronic Master Promissory Note on the Web by using your U.S. Department of Education issued PIN number at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/directLoanHome.action.
- If you do not have your PIN number, please visit http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp to obtain one. Please note that when you log on, your birth date should be entered in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy- Please include the dashes.
After obtaining your PIN number navigate your browser to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/directLoanHome.action and click one of the options below to E-sign your Promissory Note:
- Complete New MPN for Student Loans (student ONLY applying for Subsidized, Unsubsidized, or GRAD PLUS Loan)
- Complete New MPN for Parent PLUS Loans. IMPORTANT NOTE: You and your parent must both sign the Promissory Note with your U.S. Department of Education issued PIN numbers.
- Follow the step by step instructions and be sure to choose "Mercer University Main Campus" as the Institution of record.
- Print your completed Master Promissory Note borrower copy to keep for your records.
Your loan cannot be finalized until this requirement has been fulfilled. If, for some reason, you need to sign a paper promissory note, we can provide one upon request. However, please be aware that this may delay receipt of your funds.
Please contact Direct Loans Applicant Service Line at 800-557-7394 for step by step instructions on completing your online Master Promissory Note or if you have any questions or experience any problems with the Direct Loan website.
Should you have any questions about the E-signature process contact the Student Loan Office at 800-637-2378.
Financial Aid Disbursement
Please refer to the instructions that accompanied your award notification regarding disbursement procedures or call your Financial Planning Office at:
Main Campus (478) 301-2670
Atlanta Campus (678) 547-6444
Extended Education (478) 301-5381
Law School (478) 301-2064
Med School (478) 301-2853
You can also click here to get more information about the Federal Financial Aid process.
Direct Loan Program
The Mercer University Student Loan Office does not service Direct Loans once they are in repayment status. This includes all Stafford Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Parent Plus and Graduate Plus loans. These loans are serviced by the Department of Education. Please click here to proceed to the Department of Education website in order to obtain Direct Loan information and/or request deferments or call Direct Loan Servicing toll free at 800-848-0979.
Direct Loan Consolidation
A Consolidation Loan allows you to combine one or more of your federal education loans into a new loan that offers you several advantages such as one monthly payment, flexible repayment options, and reduced monthly payments. Please click here for additional consolidation information.
If you would like to download instructions or a consolidation form application, please click here or call Direct Loan Consolidation Center toll free at 800-557-7392.
Access Your Loan Information
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database for student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of ED programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data. Please click here to proceed to NSLDS website.